Friday 16 January 2015

Crisp and white.......................

Hi guys

Here I am with a new challenge at Graph'It Marker Challenge Blog and this time the theme is 'Crisp and White'. Now we are in the middle of winter and crisp and white to me means wintry, so I went for a snowy image.

I bought this digi image well before Christmas as I was so desperate to use her for someone (anyone's) Christmas card, but alas, her close up shot of her cute little face had me a little trepedatious about my colouring abilities! Lol!


However, for this challenge I pulled up my big girl pants, sat down and went for it. The image is called 'Winter Sofia' by Art by Miran and she is a 5x5 image, but I confess, I printed her out at just under 4inch.

I wanted bright clean colours so I opted for teal/mint and white.


I matted her onto teal and white and for the main white matt I embossed it with a snowflakes embosser folder. The mint glitter cardstock behind the main image I think breaks the white and keeps the project crisp.

I coloured this image with my Graph'Its, a range of which you can find here, and the colours used are as follows:

Skin: 4120, 4155, 4170, 4135, 4145 - eyes; 7110, 7115, 3110 & 3140 for the 'eyeshadow'
Hair: 3110, 3140, 3150, 3160, 3180
Hat, Scarf & Mitts: 7210, 7220, 7240, 7250, 7270
Coat: 7125, 7130, 7160

I glittered the snowflakes (obviously) because it would be rude not to! I confess my mint bled into one or two but I rectified this with the Graph'It Marker White Pen - sneaky tip and even close up, you can't see where it's been used :)

I finished the card off with some teal seam ribbon and of course, it's me, there has to be paper flowers! I coloured the bigger rose with my markers to tie in perfectly with my colour scheme.

I think it works, I admit I am biased :)

Forgive the above picture, I got carried away with the brightness, but I was hoping to capture the glitter................lol!

I hope you take the time to pop back to the main challenge blog and see the rest of the teams inspiration and don't forget to join in the fun with us. You don't need to use Graph'It Markers in the challenge and we love to see what you make!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon!

hugs

Yvonne x


2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card ! I love your coloring and use of the teal color !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally gorgeous, I love love love the colours xx
    hugs
    Sandie x

    ReplyDelete