Tuesday 14 October 2014

Let's get Spooky!!!

Hello there everyone!!

It is Digi Choosday Challenge time and this week I have two new firsts. This is my first ever Halloween Card and this is the first time I have ever attempted my own background. Granted the background isn't rocket science but I am very pleased with the result.

I opted to use Witchie Skeleton from the Witchy Witch Download Bundle, all the other elements of the card are from the same bundle and I printed them out coloured - except the main character image and the banner both of which I coloured with my wonderful Graph'It Markers.

The markers used for the card are as follows;


Skin:  4125, 4155, 3210
Hair:  3110, 3140, 3190
Suit: 9506, 9507, 9508, 9509
Bows & Mask:  6175, 6185, 6190, 1150 (mask eyes)
Pumpkin:  2110, 2105, 2150, 2170, 2180
Leaves: 8150, 8180
Banner:  6175, 6185, 6190 & 9507
Apples: 5215, 5220, 5245

Background: Distress Inks 'Marmalade Spice' & 'Festive Berry'

I cut out all the images on my Silhoutte and then edged them all in black for effect. I then found, by sheer accident, an unopened pot of Diamond Sparkles 'Midnight Rainbow' Glitter.  Oh my lord, how much fun (and mess) did I have with this!! I did reign myself in - a little bit - but that was more because His Nibs came into the kitchen and caught me red handed with the pot...............darn!



Doesn't it jsut add that fnishing touch?? I love it. I'm thinking Santa's boots need it...............a project for another day perhaps ;)

So, there you have it, my first ever Halloween Card and self made background. I do hope you like it!!


Now, don't forget to pop back to the main challenge blog to see the rest of the design teams fab inspiration and I dare you to take part in this fun challenge!!

Til next time

Hugs

Yvonne x

7 comments:

  1. Lovely card Yvonne, you've used some great images, I love that spooky tree and the little girls costume
    Julie x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Adore the background it's so effective!
    Hugs
    Anj
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there Yvonne. Popping on to show you some teamie love. I absolutely love your Halloween card. And I love glitter too so I think we are going to get along like a house on fire.

    ReplyDelete
  4. way to go you making your very own background! Love that card you have made!!! Can't believe it's your 1st Halloween one :) Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yvonne your background is just so cute.... !!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this very much, I loved it last Tuesday too xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card. love the background.xx

    ReplyDelete