Saturday 20 October 2012

Mistletoe Mwah!

Hi there!

Well as you may have seen I have added more things onto the page, there is now a follower option or follow by email. I have also managed to add my blinkie saying I am an accredited Spectrum Noir colourist. Trust me, that took far longer to add that blinkie than I think was absolutely necessary, but gadgets and technology is just not my thing.

I have also managed to add my link to my Facebook page which has a more complete gallery of my cards (still not sure how I managed it but I did!). I am in the process of preparing cards for a stall I am having in November so these will be added when I get the chance to photograph them all and post them.

Right, enough babbling, on to today's post. I am in love with the Strawberry Kisses Christmas range stamps - so today's post is another card using this range.


This is just another simple card using an A5 card blank, with a gold mirri base, I mat and layered some ivory centura card stock and another layer of mirri card.  I then used a piece of Christmas paper, which is vintage gold with glittered trees as the main background.

I stamped my image with memento tuxedo black, onto Neenah cardstock and coloured with my Spectrum Noir pens.  I used one of the Romantic Rectangle dies from Spellbinders. Whilst still in the die, I inked the edges with Tim Holtz Distress Ink - Antique Linen.  I then mounted it onto my card layers, added a sentiment (I think i found this one in one of my Kanban kits) and some pearl embellishments.

I know it is simple but I wanted the main focus to be the image and preferred the simple matting and layering behind to compliment it. If anyone wants me to list the spectrum noir colours used, I am happy to do so.

Well, that's it for today and I shall be back soon with another card to share with you. I hope you like today's post!

Hugs

Yvonne

3 comments:

  1. I love this card Yvonne! Haven't yet tried that stamp (slap wrists) but have sooo many and another range comes out before I get chance to use! If you know what I mean!!! I know what your saying about putting the flashing blinkie up, took me an age too but got there in the end, wasn't giving up!!!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Debbie, thank you for your comments. I went onto your blog to join it but nothing happened! I clicked many times, so either I've joined you multiple times, or I have done something wrong.......I'll try again later :)

      Delete