Wednesday 11 June 2014

Introducing the Rose Budd Collection...........

Hello

I know it isn't Tuesday but I have TWO pieces of news to share with you; one, I am now on the Polkadoodles Design Team too - so even more blogs and fantastic products from Nikky Hall to share!! Yippeee!

Secondly, I have come on today to share my samples for the Polkadoodles new Rose Budd Papercrafting CD Rom which you can get from the 17th June from the Polkadoodles Store.


This is a gorgeous collection, proper gorgeous collection and there is just SO much on this, it's jam packed full of content, I spent ages just browsing, ooohing and aaahing!

Nikky Hall launched this on Create & Craft yesterday and for the show the design team get to play and make samples for the show; well, when I got told this, I was worse than Tigger, I was so excited!! 

I made three cards for the show and although they cannot show you everything, I thought you may like to see what I made. 

My first thought was - I haven't got a lot of time and then I thought, how many times are we caught out because we forgot a friends or relatives birthday! So I borrowed the idea of 'Click,Print and Go'. The Rose Budd Collection has amazing backgrounds and I chose to use one of these and then added the characters and the embellishments into it.


I have an obsession with beautiful papers and Nikky never fails to bring you stunning papers in stunning colours. As soon as I saw this paper in this colour, I needed to use it; I chose to use the flower fence with the roses this time, which I decoupaged and I coloured the beautiful character of Miss Millicent, I love her, she's my favourite of the collection - although this changes with every character, I added a butterfly embellishment from the collection and added my own gems, the sentiment is from the collection also:


 Thirdly, I had to use Jeremiah, he's just THE perfect country gentleman. I wanted to use him with Miss Millicent (again) purely for her posture for the 'scene' I was aiming for with the card.  The paper, characters, embellishments are all from the collection.  I used the elaborate 'Mystical Embrace' Spellbinder die and the antique corners are from my stash:


For both cards, I coloured the images with my Graph'It Markers.

I hope you liked my samples and thank you for popping past!

Hugs

Yvonne x

3 comments:

  1. Welcome aboard teamie! Great samples chick!
    Hugs
    Anj
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely cards. Congratulations on being on the Polkadoodles design team

    ReplyDelete